2014 Hangzhou International Marathon is scheduled to kick off in November 2and enrollment is available this week. There were 6 routes available for participants: traditional full-length marathon (42.196 km), half-marathon (21 km), short race (12.8 km), mini race (6.8 km), couple race (3.5 km) and family race (1.2 km). Compared with previous Hangzhou Marathons, this year's marathon excels mainly in five aspects.
1. CCTV (Chinese Central Television) — the predominant state television broadcaster in China Mainland attaches utmost importance to this event. It will send two helicopters to broadcast the event and the broadcast will last about 160 minutes from 7:55 am.
2. In order to let participants fully enjoy their running, for the first time in the history of Hangzhou Marathon, the route is cleared exclusively for marathon participants.
3. It is definitely worth mentioning that the award money for 2014 Hangzhou International Marathon winners rises from CNY 300,000 last year to 1,000,000 this year. Among them, the money for the champions reaches up to 40,000 US Dollars, which is the amount of money awarded for the champions of 2013 Beijing Marathon. In addition, female and male winners can enjoy the same amount of award money.
4. Just like previous Hangzhou Marathons, the route starts and ends both in Yellow Dragon Sports Center, which winds its way through West Lake Scenic Area. The difference is that the route of 2014 Hangzhou International Marathon stretches across Qiantang River for the first time.
5. Instead of 23,000, 2014 Hangzhou International Marathon enables 30,000 people to join in the event. The first run of enrollment starts this week and it will accept 6,000 people.
Qiandao Lake in summer has many to offer and to enjoy the coolness of water in the lake and mountain streams are must-have. We did a thorough research ahead of time and hereby have collected a complete water fun guide of Qiandao Lake for you! Read on to learn more...
In order to improve the high-speed railway connection system and promote the construction of scenic areas in the whole region, Qiandao Lake opened its direct tourist buses to rural scenic areas on July 1. That is to say, people who are at the Qiandao Lake High-Speed Railway Station can take these buses directly to such rural scenic areas as the Xiajiang Village Scenic Area, the Shilin Scenic Area and the Jiangjia Scenic Area. These three routes pass through Fengshuling Town, Lishang Township, Shilin Town, Jieshou Village and Jiangjia Town. It will be more convenient for tourists to reach these scenic areas.