Wenlan Pavilion (Wen Lan Ge) is built during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) to house Siku Quanshu (Complete Library of the Four Treasuries)
Brief of Wenlan Pavilion
Located in the south of Gushan Hill, inside present Zhejiang Provincial Museum, Wenlan Pavilion (Wen Lan Ge) is built during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) to house Siku Quanshu (Complete Library of the Four Treasuries) — a comprehensive collection of books of over 3,000 years on Chinese politics, economics, philosophy, classics, medicine, science and technology, history and geography, art and literature, mathematics and astronomy. Among the seven library pavilions built around China for Siku Quanshu, Wenlan Pavilion is the only existent one of the three library pavilions left in the Jiangnan Area (an area south of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River).
Standing in a Jiangnan style courtyard, Wenlan Pavilion is a wooden 2-roofed pavilion with double eaves. In front of the pavilion is a pond specially dug in case of fire with a rockery called Immortal’s Peak in. In the east of the pond, there is a waterside pavilion housing a stone tablet inscribed with the Qing emperor Qianlong’s poem and his edict issuing Siku Quanshu.