Temple to King Qians is situated south of the Yongjin Pond. It was originally constructed in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127).
Brief of Temple to King Qians
Temple to King Qians is situated south of the Yongjin Pond. It was originally constructed in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127) in memory of King Qian Liu, the founder of Wuyue (907-978) during the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period.
Formerly known as Temple of Loyalty, it covers an area of 11,300 square meters. In the temple, the most sublime architecture is the main hall — Five King Hall (五王殿). It's the core part of Temple to King Qians. In Five King Hall are enshrined the five kings of Wuyue. In the middle is King Qian Liu (钱鏐). On its two sides are King Qian Chuanguan (钱传瓘), King Qian Hongzuo (钱弘佐), King Qian Zong (弘倧), and King Qian Chu (錢俶). The five kings ruled Hangzhou for 86 years, bringing prosperity to Hangzhou and were admired widely.