Hangzhou is a culinary paradise with a large number of delicious dishes, and behind these dishes, there is always a beautiful story linked with a historic figure in Hangzhou. As a branch of Zhejiang Cuisine, one of the Eight Great Cuisines of China, Hang Bang Cai or Hangzhou Cuisine is characterized by freshness and sweetness. Most of the ingredients to prepare Hangzhou Cuisine are related with West Lake, like lotus root, and West Lake water shield etc.
- West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Dishes Name:West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Brief:West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce is a traditional Hangzhou dish and should most definitely be on your list of things to try.
- Dongpo Pork
- Dishes Name:Dongpo Pork
- Brief:The pork is stewed along with vinegar, scallion, ginger, and sugar, in a sealed casserole pot over a low heat. It's as soft as tofu but not fragile, glutinous but not greasy.
- Beggar's Chicken
- Dishes Name:Beggar's Chicken
- Brief:Beggar's Chicken is one of Hangzhou's 36 Famous Dishes to have been acknowledged by Zhejiang Province in 1956.
- Sister Song’s Fish Broth
- Dishes Name:Sister Song’s Fish Broth
- Brief:The world-famous traditional Hangzhou cuisine, Sister Song’s Fish Broth tastes as good as crab meat, and is lustrous in color, and creamy in taste.